In this episode of IPv6 Buzz, we examine how and why to make the transition from a dual-stack to an all-v6 world.
Topics discussed include:
- Why individual advocacy and evangelism of IPv6 inside large companies is so important
- How IoT is devouring IP addresses
- The challenges of IPv6-only in the enterprise today
- Why buying and using IPv4 addresses from resellers can be problematic
- Why you should dual-stack your VPN servers
- What strategies have helped Microsoft deploy IPv6 internally
Our guest is Veronika McKillop, network architect at Microsoft and president/chair of the UK IPv6 Council (as well as Cisco alum and IPv6 presenter at many CiscoLive events).